There are two main mail applications that users tend to use on iOS. One is the built-in Mail application. The other is the Outlook application. Depending on your preference, please refer to the guides below for setup.
- Go to your iPhone or iPad's Settings > scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords > Add Account.
Note: If you're on iOS 10, go to Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Exchange or Outlook.com email address and a description of your account. Tap Next.
Tap Sign In.
- Enter the password associated with your email account. Tap Sign in or Next.
- The mail app may request certain permissions. Tap Accept.
- Choose your services you want to sync with your iOS device and tap Save. You're done!
- Download Outlook for iOS from the iOS App Store and then open it. The icon looks like this:
- If it's your first time using Outlook for iOS, enter your full King's email address, then tap Add Account. If not, open the Menu > tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
- When provided a list of accounts, select Office 365. Then enter your King's email address when prompted.
Note: Your King's email will be your first and last email@example.com.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In.
- If you receive a multi-factor authentication message, make sure to verify your identity when prompted.
- Accept any prompts for permission you may receive. Swipe through the features and you're now ready to use Outlook for iOS!
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact 570-208-5900 ext. 4357 or submit a request.