There are three types of mail providers users tend to use on Android. The first is the Samsung Email App, the second is the Gmail application, and the last is the Outlook application. Depending on your preference, please refer to the guides below for setup:
Samsung Email App
- Open the Samsung Email app and tap Add Account if it's your first time.
Or, go to Settings in the app > Add Account.
- Enter your King's email address and password when prompted. Tap Sign in.
- If you're prompted to select account type, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync contacts and calendars.
- Tap Yes or Ok to confirm setting and permissions. What you see may vary depending on what kind of account you're setting up.
- If prompted to verify by two-step authentication, please verify by your method of choice. Please wait as syncing email, calendar, contacts, and tasks may take a few minutes
- If you see an email that states "Action Required to Sync," open it and tap Use another Mail app instead. If you don't see this message, skip this step.
- Open the Gmail app.
Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner > Settings > Add account > Exchange and Microsoft 365.
** Important ** Do NOT choose "Outlook, Hotmail and Live" unless you want to sync email only and not calendar/contacts.
- Enter your full King's email address and tap Next.
Enter your King's password and tap Next.
- For Microsoft 365 work or school, you may see a Redirect request screen. Tap OK.
- Follow any prompts you may get for security or device permissions, sync settings, and more.
For a Microsoft 365 work or school account, you may also be asked to confirm Remote security administration and approve additional security measures. In this case, choose OK or Activate.
- Go to the inbox you just set up.
If you see an email that says "Action Required to Sync Email," open it and tap Use another Mail app instead.
If you don't see this message and emails are syncing, skip this step.
- Pull down the Android notification bar by swiping down from the top of your screen.
If you see a notification that reads "Unable to sync calendar and contacts," tap it. Then tap Allow to give your access and you're done!
Note: If you don't see a sync error, verify your calendar and contacts are syncing.
- Install the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play Store and then open it.
Tap Get Started if this is your first time.
Otherwise, to add another email account, open the Menu > Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account. Then skip to step 4 under Set up another email account below.
- Outlook may detect your Google accounts. To add them to Outlook for Android, tap Google Connect Account and then tap OK to confirm. Tap Allow to give Outlook access to your Contacts.
- Select the accounts you'd like to add and tap Add Account. You may be asked to sign in.
Tap Allow to confirm offline access and any other prompts.
To add another email account tap Continue and go to Step 4, otherwise tap Skip.
- Enter your full King's email address, then tap Continue.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In or Next.
- If you receive a multi-factor authentication message, make sure to verify your identity when prompted.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact 570-208-5900 ext. 4357 or submit a request.